Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Sad:(

So for the last month I've been trying to decide what to write. Things have been kinda crazy here and I've been trying to form what I wanted to say in my head. I finally decided I just don't know what to say! For those of you wondering what the heck I'm rambling about I'll try to atleast fill you in.

I have a half brother I barely know. It's quite sad. We are finallly starting to have a relationship. I'm thrilled about this! I just wish it would have happened under better circumstances. He recently lost a child, my niece. I had only met her once. That will haunt me probably forever. I will never have the chance to be an Auntie to her. But the day I met her I will never forget! It was at mine and Matt's wedding and she was a riot! So full of life. She had spunk and a smile that I will never forget! I just wish I knew her better.

Then there is my half brother. I cannot even begin to fathom his pain. Those of you who are parents KNOW what I mean. There is no love that compairs to that of a parent/child. Don't get me wrong there are loves as strong. Like that you would have with a spouse, but it's a different kind of love. That parent child bond is amazing. You never expect to have to bury a child. I don't know how you ever survive a loss of such magnitude. I don't know that I could. So for those of you who pray, please pray for Kirk and his family.

I really wanted to wait to post till I had something profound to say, but I've come to the conclusion, I'm just at a loss for words. I will try to start posting more often, I just had to write something about Jazamine before I could write about us, and it took me awhile to be able to write it.

Hug your kiddos tonight extra tight, because you just never know...........

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Oh H, I'm so sorry. For your brother, for you. Like you said, it's just an unimaginable loss. There is nothing you could say to make it all make sense, it's just a horrible thing. But what you did say was really lovely.
You guys are in my thoughts.

care xo

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home