Sunday, August 19, 2007

African Children's Choir


Today we had an amazing experience. Our church hosted a concert with the African Children's Choir. It was unbelievable. To hear the stories of some of the children really put life in perspective. Many of them have lost parents to aids. One of the boys families were so poor that they rarely got to eat, so he would resort to dirt so that his belly had something in it. Kind of makes you think. On the way to church I was once again wondering HOW we are going to afford 5 children, cloth 5 children, feed 5 children, give them toys and books and so on and so forth. Well today it hit me, my children are very fortunate. Will they always be rocking top of the line gear? Probably not. But they will be feed, and clothed, loved more than anything, and God willing have their parents.


There was one little girl in the choir that reminded me of my Morgan. She was missing 2 teeth, obviously because she is just at the age where they fall out. But the smile on her face was one of the most genuine smiles I think I have ever seen. I'm sure she has seen more sadness in her short little life then I will probably see in all my days. Yet she was truly happy. All the children in the choir just shone with happiness. They were some of the most beautiful little people I have ever seen, and their voices were amazing. I was on the verge of tears the whole performance. I wish you could have seen them as they sang this little light of mine, they felt and meant every word. It was powerful. Makes you truly think about what you have and how blessed you are. All the monetary "cool" wants, just seem trivial. I guess it made me realize how much I have been truly blessed with in life, and how unimportant so many of the things I worry about truly are.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Wow, that sounds amazing! It's good to get those reminders sometimes. :)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home