Saturday, September 02, 2006

A great day for exploring!

Today was a wonderful day to explore our new home! We went out in search of moose! The kids wanted to stop at the "airplane park" and here are all of us in front of one of the monuments there! We proped the camera with Matt's wallet for the family pic! Gotta do what works! This is the Alaska pipeline, We discovered today that it runs right through the base! It's pretty big! Kinda hard to tell without someone or something to compare it to so you will just have to trust me on this! :)
This is the Lady of the Lake. This plane didn't crash there, I guess that would have made a more interesting story but it actually was put there for training purposes. They used this plane to practice retrieving planes from the water and now she just lives there permantely! It's definately a site to see. I personally have never seen a plane just plopped in the water like that before. The kids were more interested in the 2 ducks that were swimming in the water. No they aren't in the pic!
And LOOK! We found our Moose! I had just finished saying that we probably wouldn't find any at the ski hill since hunting season started we turn the corner and there they were! We parked right next to the and snapped away. We actually had to back up away from them to fit them all in the picture. This is a cow and her two babies! We have closer pics that turned out better but I wanted to share all 3 of our friends! As we drove away another car stopped to see the moose. We aren't sure what they were thinking but they dropped their weiner dog out of the car and let it bark at the moose. We were waiting for mama to stomp the life out of the little dog and she considered it for a second, but her babes walked across the tracks and away she went! All and all it was a fun little drive around base that we all really enjoyed! My favorite part were the moose. I'm just so fasinated by them. Now I understand all the crazy people gawking at the deer in Michigan. I guess if you haven't seen them before they would be amazing as well! Once again my housework isn't getting done with me sitting on the loveseat! So i'm off to accomplish something!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home